Although it has been a dreadful week here in Victoria, I am going to resume Good News Saturday.
This week’s Good News.
1.The courage of the victims, firefighters and emergency services. These individuals have the admiration and gratitude of the entire country. They exemplify what it is to be Australian,
2. The volunteers that have given selflessly of their time , to assist those most in need.
3. The kindness of those individuals, both here and abroad, who have donated millions of dollars to the Bushfire Victims Fund.
4. The relief I feel knowing that my brother Paul and an aunt living in the affected areas, are both safe.
5. The numerous emails I have received from readers to this site, enquiring about my safety, the safety of my brother and their thoughts for the families whose lives have been devastated.
6. My pride in Prue, who immediately volunteered to donate blood, in response to a call from the Red Cross.
7.Relief knowing that although the conditions are still highly volatile, the temperatures are nowhere near what they were last week. This will assist the firefighters in their back burning efforts to contain areas of concern.
8. Those wonderful firefighters from New Zealand, The United States and Canada, who have arrived to assist our men and women fighting the fires.
9. The beautiful email I received from one of the friends to whom I sent a birthday card this week. It was a pleasure to receive and I do hope you have a fabulous day today.( To the other person: I know you have viewed your card. Regardless of your deplorable manners and erratic behaviour, I really do hope you enjoy your birthday on Monday!)
Have a good week end 🙂